Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Berdel - a Kurdish tradition known as sister swapping and parallel weddings

Banned
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Alevi Kurdish
    Ancestry
    Tunceli/Dersim - Turkey
    Country
    Samoa
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    something with E
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Med + Taurid (The Blade , Cybernautic , Eggyolk, Pribislav ,Commonsense,Kimbo)
    Politics
    ***! SALUTE TO THE WEST ASIAN RACE ! ***
    Hero
    my mom and siblings
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,515
    Given: 15,680

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gültekin View Post
    some Kurmanchis with Turkish passport. yeah this works
    hey nothing against Kurmanchis ..the rest of my ethnicity is Kurmanchi

but no you are wrong there are also Turks who do such stuff

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-15-2022 @ 06:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Tuscany
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Nordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,971
    Given: 7,963

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    hey nothing against Kurmanchis ..the rest of my ethnicity is Kurmanchi

but no you are wrong there are also Turks who do such stuff
    "familly council" ?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alevi Kurdish
    Ancestry
    Tunceli/Dersim - Turkey
    Country
    Samoa
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    something with E
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    my mom and siblings
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gültekin View Post
    "familly council" ?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Tuscany
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Nordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"family council" aka aile meclisi

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Alevi Kurdish
    Ancestry
    Tunceli/Dersim - Turkey
    Country
    Samoa
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    something with E
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    my mom and siblings
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

never heard of that

dont know what that is

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Tuscany
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Nordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    never heard of that

dont know what that is
    realy interesting
    there is also Laws against that, but that couldn't stop that so called "familly councils" crimes http://www.hukuki.net/archive/index.php?t-43969.html
    Yargıtay 1. Ceza Dairesi, töre cinayetlerinde "aile meclisi kararı' alınmış olmasını şart koştu. Yargıtay'ın bu kararına göre, "aile meclisi'nin verdiği karar sonrası cinayet işlendiği ispatlanmazsa sanıklar "töre' suçundan hüküm giymeyecek ve daha az ceza alacaklar.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azamat View Post
    When Kurds perform honour killings in connection to adultery or other marriage-related events, we're primitive and backward for it. When Europeans commit murders in connection to those same situations, it's a "crime of passion", and until recently the perpetrators were even acquitted in some countries' courts on that basis.

I don't think our honour killings are bad in principle, just applied to the wrong situations. Let girls have boyfriends, sex before marriage, dress in a provocative way, etc. But Kurds of both sexes deserve to be killed by their community if they sleep with Turks, black Africans or other undesirable races.

I believe we can keep this tradition and change it into something good.
    What a horrible thing to say. If you want to be barbaric savages, fine, but don't tell us what we are. First, killing your daughter isn't a 'crime of passion,' killing your cheating husband is and you'd still go to prison and it's not socially acceptable. Don't you dare equate us with your vile, primitive ways. Even advocating what you advocated (killing girls for marrying Turks) could get you arrested in my homeland and no one would shed a tear, either. You deserve to be in prison.

Second, I choose to believe you are not normal for a Kurd, and that most Kurds are nice people who wouldn't kill their daughters for such a slight.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned
    Last Online
    08-12-2018 @ 09:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 363
    Given: 83

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman
    First, killing your daughter isn't a 'crime of passion,' killing your cheating husband is and
    I don't care who perpetrates the murder, the result is the same. The morality of an action should be weighed on its consequences first, intentions second. Like Gultekin, you invoke irrelevant distinctions to escape the implication that honour killings are no more unethical than any murders that occur in all societies.

you'd still go to prison
    You asked for it.
    Until a few decades ago, murders of women by their partners were treated as crimes of passion in Italy. Perpetrators were often acquitted.
    http://www.npr.org/2012/11/23/165658...ainst-femicide

This is consistent with my claim.

and it's not socially acceptable.
    If crimes of passion were not any more acceptable than honour killings over superficial distinctions, you would not be getting so butthurt when I compare the two.

As for my statement that offended you so much, I stand by it. I'm sorry that your ancestry field covers no less than three lines, which is a fate I want to prevent for my people.

It's easy for you to condemn my 'extreme' ideas, from the comfort of your infallible Western civilization which you never have to defend. You have no clue what survival means and entails for a people such as mine, who have no state to call their own, who must grovel before the world to progress even an inch, and are defamed on a constant basis such as in this very thread. Thank god you're an insignificant blot whom we don't need to listen to.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Azamat View Post
    I don't care who perpetrates the murder, the result is the same. The morality of an action should be weighed on its consequences first, intentions second. Like Gultekin, you invoke irrelevant distinctions to escape the implication that honour killings are no more unethical than any murders that occur in all societies.
    No, utter and complete apologist bullshit. First, and most importantly, we both hate the murders. You, on the other hand, defend them, because you're a piece of shit. But a crime of passion is one done in the spur of the moment, because you've been betrayed, not because you can't control a human being, albeit your daughter, anymore.

I guess you're new. I'm British, I just live in Italy. But, the situation here is quite similar. As you yourself write, until a few decades ago. Ie, not anymore. Capisce, idiot? If the Kurds stopped today we would have no problem tomorrow.

This is consistent with my claim.
    Not unless your claim is historic.

If crimes of passion were not any more acceptable than honour killings over superficial distinctions, you would not be getting so butthurt when I compare the two.
    What a shit argument. It's a shame to see a foreigner who can actually spell resorting to 'you're wrong because you're angry.' Pathetic.

As for my statement that offended you so much, I stand by it. I'm sorry that your ethnicity field covers no less than three lines, which is a fate I want to prevent for my people.
    I'd rather be a hundred thousand lines than be part of a group that does what the OP said they do. How dare you defend murder on the grounds of a concept as abstract and frankly fallacious as racial purity? You're a disgusting, pathetic human being.

It's easy for you to condemn my 'extreme' ideas, from the comfort of your infallible Western civilization which you never have to defend. You have no clue what survival means and entails for a people such as mine, who have no state to call their own, who must grovel before the world to progress even an inch, and are defamed on a constant basis such as in this very thread. Thank god you're an insignificant blot whom we don't need to listen to.
    You don't need to listen to me, singular, but hey, you seem to be living in the West, hypocrite. I know that most Kurds don't do this but if every Kurd did it would be better that they were wiped out, slaughtered humanely, than allowed to continue. You don't get to stab people for daring to leave your isolated little inbred communities. And get the hell out of the West if you genuinely believe you can. Go back to Turkey and let them deal with you.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned
    Last Online
    08-12-2018 @ 09:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Kurdish
    Country
    Netherlands
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 363
    Given: 83

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman
    But a crime of passion is one done in the spur of the moment, because you've been betrayed, not because you can't control a human being, albeit your daughter, anymore.
    You insist on that distinction conferring an ethical difference between their equally murderous consequences, yet you have the nerve to accuse me of being an apologist?

Not unless your claim is historic.
    It is historic, and I don't see why that should invalidate it. One of the murderers whom the courts of some Western countries were so happy to acquit out of a bleeding heart sympathy for the whims of the perpetrator may have killed your mother or grandmother.
    If the Kurds stopped today we would have no problem tomorrow.
    Rubbish. You only say that to undermine my comparison of honour killings with past leniency toward crimes of passion in the West. The likes of you are still happy to fling feces at Kurds for our involvement in massacres which happened over a fucking century ago, for christ's sake.
    How dare you defend murder on the grounds of a concept as abstract and frankly fallacious as racial purity?
    Heterogenous societies have higher rates of crime and instability because kin selection disposes humans to selfishness and distrust in the presence of genetically distant people(including members of your ethnic group who look visibly different, signaling genetic distance). There can be no more humane measure than preventing admixture.
    I know that most Kurds don't do this but if every Kurd did it would be better that they were wiped out, slaughtered humanely, than allowed to continue. You don't get to stab people for daring to leave your isolated little inbred communities. And get the hell out of the West if you genuinely believe you can. Go back to Turkey and let them deal with you.
    You can't hurt our feelings, even if your life depended on it. Verbal trash like this is just our daily routine, and the thick skin that results and which repulses you so much is something you will never understand. But you do perpetuate it, I'll give you that.
    Last edited by Azamat; 02-04-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information